Saturday, January 21, 2012

Basking in His Grace


Streams of sunshine poured into my eyes today, forcing me to close them, and I smiled as my face bathed in its warmth. Even with my eyes shut tight for protection from the pure brilliance, there was no darkness to be found, only light. I didn't feel the need to think on the cold gloomy days of last week in order to enjoy basking in the glory of today, nor did I run to find some seemingly suited gloomy corner in order to observe the beauty from afar...fearful of taking more than my fair share. No, I joyfully soaked it up, breathed it in, and allowed myself to be surrounded and filled with the pleasure of its abundance. That, my friends, is how we should humbly and joyfully bask in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus' perfect gift of salvation and grace.

1 comment:

Sis. Julie said...

Amen Sis!!! Wow I needed this!!!

It's good to see you are still blogging. I haven't been blogging in a LONG time due to several reasons. But I have set up a Julie's Jewels facebook fan page that I can post on from now on. It has gotten time consuming and problematic for me to post on my blog.

I love you and am so thankful you are still blogging and being an encouragement to others.