Friday, January 02, 2009

Redeeming The Time


As you can tell, we are now able to get our pictures off the camera which makes posting more fun :)

Wow...what a year. I find that the only time I feel sad about another year passing, whether it be one of the children's birthdays or ...the new year, is when I know I didn't do my best to redeem the time to the Lord's honor and glory. When I purposefully live *in* each and every moment...nothing is wasted. I find myself looking backwards and filled with regret rather than looking forward and filled with satisfaction when I have not done my best. Friends and loved ones have urged me to embrace the "season" I am in-I am learning more and more that if I don't do this very thing, I will be filled with an empty longing and regret for oppurtunities wasted and gone. Oh how I want to enjoy each and every gift from above this next year.

I am embracing today and purposefully looking forward to whatever the Lord holds for me tomorrow. May I dedicate each and every day to Him that I may experience the fulness of joy found when I keep Him first in my life and walk in the ways He has revealed in His Word.


7 comments:

Missy said...

Heather, I enjoy following your blog. It gives me inspiration. Thank you.

Danielle said...

Ohi'm sssssssssssso happy ur back on blogger!!!!!! I have missed you and ur fun posts!Even though i see u on fb i miss the blogging!!!!
You know somthing?You have always been a fashion role model for me.When i was little i was gonna be just like you! The whole bit!Ballet,4 kids,fun sense of fashion,yep you rank up there right with Audry hepburn,and Grace kelly!

Heather said...

Danielle...I don't even know what to say about that except- are you sure you are thinking of ME??? Girl, I remember getting to Calvary and being inspired by ladies like YOUR MOM and Mrs Mishel and Niriel..etc :)Love you BUNCHES sweet girl.

Anonymous said...

You guys all sound like you are doing well, potty accidents and all! Your house looks like a nice country home! It looks so nice! I am glad you are doing well! I am off to break up yet another fight!:(

Kristi said...

It never ceases to amaze me how much your children have grown since I started reading your blog. They are so precious!

Redeeming the time...I've felt regret and guilt in this area myself lately. I am looking forward to another year, another chance to do my best for Him. For He is worthy of our best. We'll pray for each other!

~Kristi

Heather said...

Thank you Kristi, I could def. use prayer support in this area :) Today...I feel really good about-thanking the Lord for that...let's see if I will keep it up!

~~Deby said...

This is a area that I always need a re-check on..thanks for this post Heather and the beautiful pictures...
Deby