Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Peter's Wife


According to tradition, Peter was martyred by being crucified upside down, but something that I had never heard before was that Peter's wife (according to tradition) was crucified in Rome as well, while her husband was forced to watch. His reported last words to her were "Remember the Lord". She was martyred along with her husband...it was not "I love you...or remember me..." that Peter used to bolster his wife in her time of incredible suffering, but "Remember the Lord". Those 3 words encompass so much. Remember His teachings, His love, the mistreatment and rejection He endured, His suffering...yes, in my tiny daily trials surely this will serve as inspiration and give perspective to me as well. What a tremendous woman she must have been. We will meet her in glory!! :)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Wow, I've never read that before. Where did you find it? What a bitter-sweet thought.

~Kristi