Friday, July 27, 2007

Saved? Claim your Victory!


This quote from Alan Redpath is something that I claim personally during a difficult time.


"There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no testing-that can ever touch me until, first of all, it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a great purpose, which I may not understand at the moment. But as I refuse to become panicky, as I lift up my eyes to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is!-That is the rest of victory!"


The first time I claimed this -many years ago...it was a bit hard to "swallow" as I truly wanted to kick and scream about my circumstances, but the more I get to know God, the more of a comfort this truth really is.
edited to add picture courtesy of allposters.com

5 comments:

TO BECOME said...

Yes, it is full of truth. It takes the burden away from us because we know that what ever happens He knows all about it. Have a good weekend. connie from Texas

Pam--in America said...

Thank you for that reminder. How many blessings have I robbed myself of by kicking against God's plans for my life?! You are a blessing, Heather!!

Anonymous said...

OH Heather!!!!
I love love love that you wrote that!!!! That is exactly what God has been reminding me of for the last month! Anyway, I love that the body of Christ is so connected--I can come to your blog and seriously nearly every entry confirms stuff that Jesus is taking me through, teaching me or reminding me! What a blessing you are to me, THANK YOU JESUS for the bloggy body of Christ! God bless you and yours!
Sarah T

Heather said...

Mrs Connie, you are always such an encouragement. God Bless you!
((Pam)) I am sooo excited that you are now connected!!
Sarah, Praise the Lord :) I love how the Lord confirms His love and thoughts toward us continually...He is so good. When are gonna get a blog? :) Nothing like a subtle hint huh? lol

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather!
I don't know about the whole blogging for myself! ;) I am the worlds worst writer! Not to mention that I have a tendency to talk TOO much, if you know what I mean. As well as being very opinionated. And I am not sure that I would want to put myself out there for all to see(or read rather!)... Oh the insecurities of this life!!!! :) Anyhow, my husband has asked the same! I don't know, we'll see... God bless you.
Sarah T.