Wednesday, November 30, 2005

"NOBODY PANIC!"


...just a small stove top fire....everything will be under control...I think.
Well, it all started with some grease that had spilled in the catch under the burner. I was on the phone with Brian who was telling me that he in fact won't be able to make it home for dinner or the revival service (we have revival this week).
I was trying to make sure that dinner would be ON THE TABLE as soon as he walked in so we could be on time for church. Why do bad things always happen all at once? No sooner had I hung up the phone when I heard the sickening sound of something bursting into flames. I turned to see my pot of green beans engulfed in flames...
I thought "Oh, maybe it will just burn out"...nope..it got bigger, and I started to worry about all the electronics in the stove top. I got the fire extinguisher...(came with house LOL) and could not believe I was going to have to use it. I sprayed it once, and it went out for a half a second then burst into flames again!! I fired a second time and put it out...that is what that all yellow stuff is (yellow stuff...very technical terminology right?). I did not have time to clean it up before we left for church...I wonder what Brian thought when he saw it? :) I guess it adds up...Pregnant blonde girl in the kitchen with 3 little ones running around...husband is not home to supervise...yeah it could have been worse.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Heather...I'm so thankful it wasn't a bad fire! Congratulations on your pregnancy! What a blessing. Your family is so sweet...I really enjoy your blog.

Karen

Jamie said...

Heather! I see the ticker! whooo hooo! :) Arent you glad you had that fire extinguisher! I know its spelled wrong. LOL

Anonymous said...

LOL...I just HAD to show Rande the picture. He said to tell you he is VERY thankful you put the fire out.

Anonymous said...

Heather! Baby #4. Oh my. I don't know how you do it. I can't handle 2. Good luck to you and your pregnancy. Please let me know what you are having. Congratulations and goodl luck! I miss you dearly. Give the girls BIG hugs from Casey and I. Love, Tobi