Saturday, May 13, 2006

Who is the real ME?

Honestly...the person I am with my children...whether they test me or not. THAT is who I am: the good the bad and the ugly. Why? They are so forgiving, easy to please, so ready to bear whatever...good or bad -that I have to dish out. I don't feel as if I am accountable to them in any way (deep down). *sigh* It is plain to see the areas I need to work on. Who am I most selfish with? My children. Who am I most impatient with? Who do I blow off? Vent my steam on? Let my guard down with? Scary huh? I am glad the Lord is showing me more and more...He is developing that humility which will ultimately destroy the "twins" pride and anger.

4 comments:

abrightnewdawn said...

I agree wholeheartedly. And now that I have a 7 year old, it's even more obvious when my faults are showing!! Funny you posted this, because I have a similar one that I'm going to post. I don't know WHEN, I've been so busy!!
Thanks, maybe this'll keep me in line for the night!! Have a great weekend!

Free In Christ said...

I know where you are coming from. At least you can see this problem and are allowing God to move in your life and help you overcome this. You are in my prayers. Still struggling in the same areas as you. I'm just happy to know that God is working in our lives each day.

Beth said...

I never thought of it this way. That I am really myself when I am with my children. If this is true, I don't think I like who I REALLY am. But it is nice to know that there are two someones (well, three really, when we add God in the mix) who love the real me, no matter how bad I am to them. I will be forever grateful to God for giving me the children I have. Thanks for helping me to see my attitude in this way.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. bulk email mail merge word access medical malpractice spyware removal 75325 percocet Georgia bextra law suit Cheap european telephone calls vacuum cleaners Advanced teaching degree online east las vegas nevada