Friday, October 14, 2005

Fun Time

Since Wednesday was a nightmare, I planned a special day for myself and the kids for Thursday. I found a neat picnic spot near a playground on base so I decided that when I picked up Brianna, we would have a picnic. I loaded the girls bikes and packed a picnic basket. I made little monkey ears for the girls since it was a jungle like setting, brought their binoculars for exploring and bags for collecting. Brianna was so excited when she got in the van and saw everything. I was so glad that I had taken the time away from cleaning the house for a day to plan this special time. We had fun spitting watermelon seeds (yeah I really let loose this day ;) )and hunting for monkeys, exploring, collecting, and just being together. On the way home, we stopped by where Brian is conducting an operation I intended just to show the girls the radar and wave, but his MSgt told us to come on up! Brian showed us some of the things they were working on and we had a perfect view of some F15's taking off. It was a wonderful day!! I think I am going to plan little themed picnics for the girls every week since Brian is not able to be home until late.