Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Heartbreaking

Sorry I don't have a better picture. This is my mom and Aunt Jackie at my baby shower for Brianna. My mom is holding Brianna (about 4 and a half years ago).
I found out some more about the circumstances surrounding my Aunt Jackie's death. There was not any foul play involved, but the circumstances are absolutely heartbreaking. It is especially heartbreaking because my Aunt is a leukemia survivor...she went through a bone marrow transplant many many years ago -so she is a real fighter. She is the second to youngest of 10 children...my mom was just a little older than her.This being a public forum, I would rather focus on the happy memories of my Aunt.

We loved spending time with Aunt Jackie because no matter what her circumstance was, she was so much fun to be around. She was just naturally funny. She and my mom would play jokes on each other...and others :) For example, my Aunt at one time lived next door to a neighbor who always seemed to have some type of strange and not very pleasant odor eminating from her side of the house. Well, they would joke about it together...just tossing ideas back and forth about what the smell could possibly be. So, just to be funny one time, my mom went to visit her- covered in air-fresheners LOL. My dad helped her hang them/ stick them all over the place. You can imagine the laugh my Aunt must have gotten out of that! She just had that type of personality to bring the comedian out in you. They were hilarious together, and I remember as a kid sitting up to listen to their funny stories when we would go to my Grandma's to visit. I would love to hear how they would go mushroom hunting as kids- this is really big in Ohio around March. They were extremely poor growing up and they would talk about how they learned to love nature because of this. Aunt Jackie was always up for an adventure and such a bright sunny personality. I can't imaging the loss my mom must feel over losing such a dear sister. My mom and dad cared very much for her and would travel sometimes at a moments notice over 13 hours to help her move or any other emergency she had. Please pray for them during this very trying time. My Aunt is survived by 4 adult children, please pray for them as well- I don't think any of them are saved. My heart grieves over the loss.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
~From a headstone in Ireland
HUGE HUGS!!!
Tobi

Heather said...

Tobi- that is so neat! I have never heard that before...thank you!

Karen said...

Heather...thank you for sharing your happy memories of your Aunt Jackie. I feel so sad to hear of her death. I pray that this will draw her family to the Lord and that He will bring His infinite comfort and healing to your family. Love in Him...

Karen

Free In Christ said...

I grieve with you during this loss. Death is not an easy thing. God did not create us to deal with such loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers at this time.

Melissa

Molly D said...

I'm so sorry about your aunt. Life is so hard to understand sometimes. I pray that you'll feel the everlasting arms of our Father around you during this time.