Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Warm Fuzzies


I woke up to the sun shining this morning after days on end of rain...and it reminded me of "warm fuzzies". I have the doors open to let the cool gentle breeze in, I am listening to uplifting music and the girls are outside enjoying our brief dry spell. Thank you Lord for the "hug"! Most of the time, it is the little things that make a huge difference and just send you a little zing of warmth. Here is my list of 10 favorite warm fuzzies...

1. Finding a dollar in my pocket that I did not know was there ;)
2. Spontaneous hugs and kisses from my darlings and watching them sleep peacefully (it's almost angelic isn't it?)
3. Planting a flower
4. When Brian gets off work unexpectedly and surprises us
5. Someone e-mailing me to let me know they are praying for me
6. A timely message from scripture/ and or devotion
7. A fresh clean house
8. Friends who stay in touch- even when I am not as faithful
9. Singing
10. Thinking of the fact that I will one day forever reside in heaven- never to shed a tear, feel pain, fear, worry, experience loss, or sorrow again- to forever be in the presence of my Lord and Savior and His Glory...
I am just having one of those mushy "Oh How I love life...how could I have ever been discouraged days..." Gives me inspiration for the days I don't feel all "mushy" inside :) Here is wishing you a "warm fuzzy" day!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks Heather for sharing your "warm fuzzies". Just looking at that picture of your sweet family lifted my spirits! I'm so glad the Lord gave you a joyous day!

Lots of love...

Karen

Free In Christ said...

Isn't it great God gives us just what we need, when we need it. He knew you needed a "warm fuzzy" day. You are such an inspiration to me.

You are in my prayers.
Melissa