Thursday, February 22, 2007

Learning By Stickies





Brianna and Anjolie had fun figuring out their sticky clues. Brianna (Kindergarten) had some challenging words to read (for her) and had to stick them onto the appropriate places/things. I also put some addition problems in which she had to find the coordinating amount of "things" and put her sticky on the right answer. Anjolie (just turned 4) had letters and had to stick them onto things that started with that letter. She also had shapes and numbers...I gave her the number "6" and told her to collect that many items...she frowned so I thought maybe she forgot what the number was. I said "Anjolie, how many is that?" ..*sigh*" Alot" she scowled...lol "But what number is it" *scowl*..."6", she replied " that's too many things to get..." she pouted. Oh what am I going to do with her?

10 comments:

Scott said...

What a wonderful idea!! You're so creative. I will have to use that for Mark.

Free In Christ said...

What a great idea. I was too, um what is the word I'm looking for, boring, when I homeschooled. It was all textbook and not alot of creativity. Sounds like you make it lots of fun, well, even if
little Ms. Anjolie thinks "6" is alot. TOO funny!

Heather said...

heh heh..actually, I am NOT feeling well today- so this little bit of "school" served the purpose of keeping them busy...and learning, yes ;)

Liz said...

That is so funny! Very creative on your part, too!

6Pigtales and A Buzzcutboy said...

I stumbled upon your blog..love your blogs...hope to read more.

Chrissy

Heather said...

Thanks Liz!! Chrissy stop by anytime :) I'm usually here sticking my foot in my mouth..crying with embarrassment or Praising the Lord for putting up with this ole sinner!

Kristi said...

Great idea! I'll have to dig out my stickies for Harrison. He's having trouble reading. It just doesn't seem to click as quickly with him as the other two. Pray for him, please.

~Kristi

Heather said...

Kristi- I sure will pray. I agree about the "click". Brianna, too, has her days where she is just thinking too hard about it. I think once Brianna "lets go" she will be reading up a storm..probably when she is closer to 6.

Grafted Branch said...

LOL! "Alot." I love her honesty. You know, one must REALLY trust their teacher to be that honest. So...somehow perhaps it's a good reflection on you!

Kristi said...

Heather, you hit the nail on the head with Harrison. He really does try too hard. I'm glad someone else knows what I'm going through. Sometimes I feel so inadequate as a homeschool mom.

~Kristi