Saturday, January 21, 2006

Weeeent to the Doctor and I ...

....goooot some medicine. Yes, I was desperate. I called my friend Kimberly and she and her boys came over to watch the girls for me so I could go to the Dr today. I saw my OB who was worried I was getting pneumonia...he gave me an inhaler, some sudafed and *drum roll* a MEGA cough suppres. with codeine (sp?) sooo HOPEFULLY, I will get more than the 3 hours of sleep a night that I have been getting. The coughing fits are killing me!! Luckily, I did not have to get a chest x-ray since my wheezing sounded more toward the top of my lungs he said. I know..I asked him "A Chest x-ray?... While I'm pregnant?" he said the minimal radiation (after being "masked up") was nothing compared to the complications I could have being pregnant with pneumonia...so we are praying it does not escalate into that. It is hard weighing all the risks, but I have been sick for almost 2 weeks now and it is not letting up. The fact that my OB prescribed the meds helps, and I think a few nights rest might be just what I need to get better. :) Praise the Lord for friends who are always right there when you need them. Whether it be in person, or in encouragement, or in prayer, it sure lifts my spirits :) Thank you!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

OH I hope you get over this very soon and OH MY I cant imagine if you get pnemonia..I KNOW i spelled it wrong but I am heading to bed I am worn out. :) Love you tell Kimberly Hi..I have tried to I'm here several tims